• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

advice, please, on how to remove urine odor from leather sofa?

waldor

Sophie peed on the leather sofa today, while I was not home. (She is headed to the veterinarian tomorrow morning for a sterile urine sample, as this definitely signals a UTI.)

In the meantime, the leather smells like urine. I've wiped with a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water.

Is there anything else I can use that will not hurt the leather?

Try Simple Solution or another enzyme cleaner (as always, spot test it first, but I've never had an issue with it). You may have to spray/wipe it down a few times, and be sure to saturate any stitching, but it's done a good job for us. We have bought it at either Pet Supplies Plus or Petsmart, but Walmart has started carrying it the last few months (at least here in AL). I like it better than Nature's Miracle.

http://www.simplesolution.com/products/stain-odor-solutions.html

Thank you, Furrfoot. Enzymes make sense. We have PetSmart and WallyWorld here locally. I'll look for it.

Back