• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Mr Monster starts kindergarten

MomObvious

Mr. Monster starts all day kindergarten on Tuesday. Yes, in Virginia it is actually against the LAW to start public school before Labor Dayicon_blshing

So this morning we were invited to the school to meet his teacher. Her name is Mrs. Maloney like bologna, talk about an awesome name for a teacher working with 5 and 6 year olds. I am very ready for this, my last child to start school. I am NOT doing the whole Mommy thing "my baby is growing up". He is VERY ready, plus my oldest is graduation high school this year so I guess I'm distracted. Oh yeah and because I work a split shift that means I will be home alone from 10am-230pm, which sounds like nothing but trust me its not. If you have seen my recent picture posts you know what happens when I run to the bathroom!!!

Well, we walk into his classroom this morning and he introduces himself to Mrs. Maloney (yeah I make my children talk for themselves) She says in a very cheery teacher voice "Oh hello, are you excited for school?" to which Mr. Monster replies "Well, I can't bring Fletcher to school but I guess its okay" OMG, I about cried right there in the classroom. What a sweet little brat. When I explained Fletcher was a dog, Mrs. Maloney suggested he bring a picture of Fletcher to put in his folder. Maybe I will miss him a little during the day wait maybe after I enjoy a few months of HOME ALONE time.

That is so sweet!! Both what Mr. Monster said and Mrs. Maloney's creative solution.

Hope he has fun!! You have to post pictures of his first day of kindergarten.

I hope your son's first day of kindergarten goes well, for both him and you. Brings back memories..... I was a wreck. Our son (and only child) fared better than I did on that first day of kindergarten. (and he had been attending a daily pre-school, five days a week, for the entire year before! But this was "real school", not optional...) I was so anxious to have him back home, that I misread the clock and arrived at school an hour early, to pick him up. Since no one else was there, outside the school, I could leave and spare myself further embarrassment. That next hour was a very long hour. :roll:

Back