• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Molly

casshon

Hi,
I haven't posted here in a while but I just wanted to let everyone know that sadly Molly passed away last July. I adopted Molly and Bella at the same time from Irish Cavalier Rescue almost 7 years ago. Molly brought great happiness and love to our family and we really miss her. She had not been well since the start of the year and the vets couldn't seem to agree on what was going on. She had a massive heart attack in the end and we had to let her go :-(
Bella in particular is having a hard time dealing with her not being here. They always slept in the same crate (with Bella on top of Molly usually!) so Bella does not do well at night now and is very anxious when left alone. I have bought her a DAP collar so I'm hoping that may help. I have been told that time will help her but honestly its not and I feel so bad for her :-(

I'm so sorry :cry*ing: -- this is such sad news to hear about Molly. Molly and Bella were a lovely pair together and clearly went to such a wonderful home. I recall that you came to choose just one -- and couldn't leave without both! :) It was a pleasure to see them on and off with you, over the years. Losing half of a close pair like this is I think particularly hard -- you're always looking for the missing friend and it can indeed be difficult for the remaining dog to adjust, but this does tend to happen over time. The DAP collar should at least be comforting in some ways, though it won't replace an old friend. If in time you feel ready for a companion for her, of course let us know. :flwr: Thinking of you at such a difficult time.

I'm so sorry to hear about Molly,very sad that Bella is pining for her too.
I'm sure that when the time is right,you'll add a new companion.
There are so many dogs deserving of a good home.
I also know of a lovely ruby boy,2.5 years,belonging to a breeder on the east coast.
Fully health tested,incl good Mri scan,but alas, not much of a ladies man. She was telling me on Sunday that she will let him go to a good pet home.
Sins xx

I'm so very sad to read this, I remember you taking these precious girls. It's wonderful that Molly had almost 7 years with you, I'm sure you will have lots of happy memories which in time will be a comfort.

Bella is obviously missing her companion, animals grieve like we do and it's hard when they enjoyed a special bond. Try to keep her busy, more frequent walks, games etc so she is tired. You could try Dr Bach Rescue remedy (available from chemists), 3-4 drops in the water bowl (won't hurt any other animals sharing the bowl). Also Dr Bach Walnut may help. Homoeopathic remedy Ignatia may help, also from chemists or www.gentletouchremedies.co.uk (she can also supply the flower remedies, I'm not affiliated to the company, all profits go to provide remedies for those in need)

I'm so sorry. You are such an angel for taking in rescues. I have half sisters who are like Velcro. I'm sure that's what Molly and Bella were like. Please give Bella some extra loving from my two girls.

So sorry for your loss, but thank you for giving her a loving secure home, sending lots of hugs to you all. Karen Ruby and Sadie xxx

Hi everyone

Thank you for your kind replies. Bella seems to be doing better since I put the dap collar on. I also tried the rescue remedy in her water. Fingers crossed she will continue to do better.

I would love to get another companion for Bella as I think she would love it but unfortunately it's not the right time for me. I have a young baby and it wouldn't be fair to bring a newbie in right now

Thanks again for the replies and I hope everyone is doing well x

So sorry to hear about Molly, I hope Bella gets better adapted in time, it must be so hard for her, and you and your family x

Back