• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello!

Debs

I thought I'd just say hello and tell you a little about our cavalier family. We have 4, George 8 yr old ruby, Mai 8 yr old tri, Indie 7 yr old tri and Alfie 2 yr old black and tan. Mai and Indie are ex-puppy farm breeding bitches from a rescue in south Wales, Mai we have had 3.5 yrs and is now a very laid back, contented dog who lives very happily in her own little world, Indie we have had just 1 yr and she is still very nervous and has a long way to go but both have come on such a long way from the terrified dogs they were when they first arrived. Alfie we got from a fabulous breeder after we lost our first b&t Rosie to cancer 2 yrs ago at just 7 yrs old, he was a little ray of sunshine at a very dark time and is so, so similar to Rosie in so many ways it's spooky! He is so full of life and love and everyone who meets him just falls in love! He is also on the larger side with the most incredible long thick fur most people don't think he is a cavalier at first! George is a special boy, he is the last of our original 3, we lost Charlie our 9 yr old blenheim last year, also to cancer - though we only found that out about an hour before we said goodbye - and George is our connection to both him and Rosie who was his half sister. Sadly George has heart failure after being first diagnosed with a murmur just 18 months ago, he is a very sick boy and it is difficult to watch him deteriorate but he is still fairly happy with life and is coping with things well so we're not letting go just yet! We also foster for the rescue but have stopped for now as we don't want to bring any illness in to the house George might catch and he needs a quiet, stress free life - he's a bit of a big girls' blouse!! And that's it! Oh, we also have a 14 yr old cat, (sadly we lost our other cat 2 months ago, again to cancer) plus we have a Chinese hamster, 11 budgies in an outside aviary and fish, both tropical inside and pond fish so yes, I live in a zoo!!!! :D

icon_welcome It must be very noisy in your home at times. Look forward to hearing more about your little zoo!!

Thank you both. It's surprisingly quiet here - most of the time! - probably helped by the fact the budgies are outside! I look forward to having a look around and sharing stories about my little zoo!

Welcome! My house is a zoo with just the children :w**h**: I joke with my teenagers all the time I shouldn't have had children just cavaliers. So far I only have one happy little cavalier, Fletcher. For now with kids and dog I think our family is temporally complete.

I shall get round to photos, hopefully at the weekend, and you can see the gang! Our Charlie was always know as Charlie Farley!
We couldn't have children so have filled the house with animals!! I could happily have a house full of cavaliers, at one time we had 7 as we had 3 foster cavaliers, we then had a friend visit with her 2 cavaliers so had 9 in the house, heaven!!! :D

Back