Thread: Help- 8 month old housetrained puppy suddenly peeing on my bed

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help- 8 month old housetrained puppy suddenly peeing on my bed

I have no idea why all of a sudden my Cav has decided to start peeing in my bed! 3 times this has happened in the last wk. She never has accidents in the house any ideas? I was thinking maybe a uti but she seems fine otherwise. Thx
    Last edited by Lady777; 21st September 2013 at 11:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would still want to rule out a UTI first. Can she get on and off the bed on her own? Seems odd that she's only peeing on the bed. My parents have a older rat terrier who for unknown reasons started lifting his leg and peeing on their pillows at night Needless to say, he no longer sleeps in the bed with them.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Agree -- you need to get her to a vet and rule out a UTI, the most common reason for such a change in behaviour. It would be fairly urgent -- UTIs (as any human knows who has had one!) are extremely uncomfortable and can be painful, and left untreated can turn into a far more serious and damaging kidney infection. I'd get her to the vet asap and let us know what they say.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes check out for an Uti, also anal glands and if she's not spayed (ideally she shouldn't be at this age, best to wait until after the first season so they are fully grown), she may well be coming into season. They tend to scent mark on beds, cushions etc You need to watch for swelling of the vulva, also once she is in, you will need to confine her to the house and garden (supervised).
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org