• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Adorable but cheeky Rosie Story

LindsayD

I wanted to share with you Rosie's latest antics.
We live in South Florida so it's difficult to avoid the nuts/seeds that fall from the palm trees. On our walks (which are very short! thats another story) she has taken to picking one up and hiding it in her mouth, saving it until we get home. She knows the command "leave it" but that now falls on deaf ears. She is so good at sneaking one in her mouth that the majority of time we don't even see the pea size nut/seed on the floor, let alone her pop it in her mouth. The giveaway is her face. She is like a child who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. As we walk back into the house, her eyes say "Honestly, mum, I don't have anything in my mouth". It is if she is trying to be a ventriloquist as she says this with her mouth so tightly shut. This is another big giveaway, as usually she runs in th house, tongue sticking out, as she licks and annoys Homer the most patient cat I know. Now I inspect her mouth before she has chance to chomp away. When this first begun and I wasn't aware of what was going on, she would run to the spot where she takes her treats, and start to chomp away and when I would look at her she would stop. One day after swooping the mouth and finding nothing I started to walk out of the room, knowing she had something as her face said so. As I was waiting to hear her chow down on her contraband, it wasn't until I was out of the room she would start and as soon as I walked back in she would stop!!! Giving me the adorable but yet so guilty eyes that said "It wasn't me it was the cat". I guess she is getting close to the to the terrible two's stage!!

LOL bratty to the bone. Two of my kids are teenagers now and recently one of them asked me how I always knew when they were doing something wrong when he was little. He's 13 now and was honestly convinced I had eyes in the back of my head or I had some xray vision. I told him his face always showed it. He was amazed the answer was so simple. Luckily for me none of my children are good liars.

In my opinion cavalier are so funny and naughty at the same time.

I live in NY and we get nuts that fall from trees too. Bosco also picks them up to snack on, and I promptly remove them. He does get a few past me at times. He is not as wise as Rosie though in trying to hide them (too funny!). I just hear "crunch-crunch- swallow"! At this time of year, I try to walk on streets where I know there are no nuts, but I often forget and have to detour quickly,

Back