View Poll Results: Where do your dogs stay when you go on holiday?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kennels.

0 0%
  • Dog Sitter.

4 40.00%
  • I take them with me.

6 60.00%
  • Doggy Hotel.

0 0%

Thread: Cavaliers on Holiday

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Cavaliers on Holiday

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering what everyone does with their Cavaliers when on holiday? They're part of the family so surely they deserve a holiday too!? Fortunately our Cav Hallie is small enough to take with us wherever we go! Strangely enough, her favorite part of the holiday is the car journeys!

Post Thanks / Like

I picked "dog sitter", but to clarify the only dog sitter we use are my in-laws. Thankfully they love Skippy and know how to take care of him, so if we need to go out of town that's where he goes.

The one time my in-laws had to travel with us however, we left Skippy at a dog boarding place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I send the cavaliers to home boarding with a trusted friend who runs a home boarding business for small dogs (Thelly!) but probably half the time they come with us (eg to dog holidays in the UK or to a beach house here). Another friend runs a great kennel, so they go there if Thelly is away.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

So far we have taken Fletcher with us, to the beach, camping, kayaking, hiking however my older kids and I love to white water raft but Mr. Monster is not old enough and my husband is a chicken so he plans a Daddy and boys (Fletcher and Mr. Monster) day when we go.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

My dogs go with a pet sitter in a private home. She takes in up to 5 dogs at a time. My pack is 3! They go willingly up her steps when I drop them off (unlike the vet - LOL!) and are healthy/happy when I return. Costs me a small fortune, but they are well cared for in my absence, and that makes it worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Last summer, before I had Gracie, I brought Lady on the airplane to Newfoundland with me to spend time with family. This past summer my sister came along and we brought both dogs in the cabin. Lady is very used to her carrier and has no issues at all going inside (she was so excited when I took them out a couple weeks before our trip!). Gracie is not as impressed with the carrier, but she was fine. They've also gone on longer road trips with me to New Brunswick - I just get a pet-friendly hotel.

If I am going somewhere non dog-friendly (like last winter when I went to Dominican) I leave them with my mom and her husband, where they are completely spoiled .

Ready to go!: http://instagram.com/p/b3hRhwpu7v/
    Enjoying the ocean views: http://instagram.com/p/cKQWHApu7C/
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz