• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavaliers on Holiday

Where do your dogs stay when you go on holiday?

• Total voters

Hallie

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering what everyone does with their Cavaliers when on holiday? They're part of the family so surely they deserve a holiday too!? Fortunately our Cav Hallie is small enough to take with us wherever we go! Strangely enough, her favorite part of the holiday is the car journeys!:eek:

I picked "dog sitter", but to clarify the only dog sitter we use are my in-laws. Thankfully they love Skippy and know how to take care of him, so if we need to go out of town that's where he goes.

The one time my in-laws had to travel with us however, we left Skippy at a dog boarding place.

I send the cavaliers to home boarding with a trusted friend who runs a home boarding business for small dogs (Thelly!) :) but probably half the time they come with us (eg to dog holidays in the UK or to a beach house here). Another friend runs a great kennel, so they go there if Thelly is away.

So far we have taken Fletcher with us, to the beach, camping, kayaking, hiking however my older kids and I love to white water raft but Mr. Monster is not old enough and my husband is a chicken so he plans a Daddy and boys (Fletcher and Mr. Monster) day when we go.

My dogs go with a pet sitter in a private home. She takes in up to 5 dogs at a time. My pack is 3! They go willingly up her steps when I drop them off (unlike the vet - LOL!) and are healthy/happy when I return. Costs me a small fortune, but they are well cared for in my absence, and that makes it worth it.

Last summer, before I had Gracie, I brought Lady on the airplane to Newfoundland with me to spend time with family. This past summer my sister came along and we brought both dogs in the cabin. Lady is very used to her carrier and has no issues at all going inside (she was so excited when I took them out a couple weeks before our trip!). Gracie is not as impressed with the carrier, but she was fine. They've also gone on longer road trips with me to New Brunswick - I just get a pet-friendly hotel.

If I am going somewhere non dog-friendly (like last winter when I went to Dominican) I leave them with my mom and her husband, where they are completely spoiled :).

Ready to go!: http://instagram.com/p/b3hRhwpu7v/
Enjoying the ocean views: http://instagram.com/p/cKQWHApu7C/

Back