• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Puppy

Abby in SC

I am getting a new puppy Saturday and can hardly wait. Abby (almost 5 years old bleneim) is going to have a new playmate - getting a little tri - so excited!!! Will post pics soon!! Any advice - have read a lot about introducing a new puppy to an established one - think we are ready but would appreciate any advice on a new puppy and introducing her to Abby. Thanks

I share your excitement! I closed the deal with our breeder for my black and tan when she was only 3 days old. The nine week wait was excruciatingly slow (I got to visit her weekly at six weeks). It's been 3.5 years now and she is sleeping in one of her many beds on the desk next to me as I write. I am so happy for you - and the newest member of your family. It sounds like an exciting time.

Three bits of advice:

1. Introduce the dogs outside the house on neutral ground
2. Have patience with the getting to know each other period. It's not always love at first sight (although I hope it is for Abby and the puppy!)
3. Have lots of fun and post pictures!

All the best!

Joan

Back