• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Prudence and her Mum

PrudenceMum

Hello, This is my first time on this, or indeed, any site like this and having read a few of the messages, it is so lovely to see so many caring and responsible Cavalier owners!!! I am the owner of a 4 year old Blenheim, Prudence who is a complete joy!!! I got her at 9 weeks old she is a much loved and pampered pooch! Sadly she has just been diagnosed with MVD. It is very early stages, no sign of CHF yet and with the help and guidance of my lovely vet we are going to wait to see how things go before putting her on any medication as she is symptom free. I have ordered Cardiguard which is an Omega 3 supplement and I just wondered if anyone had any other advice as to how I might be able to help Pru keep as fit and well for as long as possible? Many thanks, Joanna and Pru

Hi Joanna icon_welcome My Leo will be 7 next week and we're one of the lucky ones that so far he has no MVD. I'd be interested to know about the omega 3 supplements as I would like to keep him as fit as possible for as long a I can.......look forward to hearing more about Pru and how she gets on. Mel

Hi Mel, I did try to respond to this yesterday and for some reason it would not send it...weird! Anyway, Omega 3 is good for hearts and if you can try to get a product that actually gives you a dosage then that is probably best, well that is what my vet recommended. My vet's other recommendation was to keep her slim, which she is I am happy to say. Pru is symptom free at the moment and it was only picked up by the fact that I took her for an over energetic walk and she took a while to calm down. I took her to the vet who heard a heart murmur and she then had an x-ray which confirmed MVD. So pleased your Leo is fit and well. I will try to put a photo up on my signature but I am still trying to work my way round this site as I am not very technologically able. Joanna

Hi and Welcome!! My Lucky is 7.5 and was diagnosed with MVD a year ago. We have our follow up at the vet in a couple weeks. I have no real advice for you - the keeping trim part I have been working on with both my boys.

Anyway, just wanted to welcome you & say Hi.:)

Welcome Joanna and Prudence!

Sorry Prudence had MVD. Sounds like you are doing all the right things for her to help keep her heart healthy for as long as possible. I know how hard it is to have a dog with MVD. My first cavalier, Sydney, passed away last year from MVD/CHF. He was 12 years old.

I currently have an extremely energenic 14 month old ruby named BellaMia. She definitely knows how to keep me on my toes!

Would love to see pictures of your lovely girl.

Thank you Lani! Sorry to hear about Lucky but I do believe we have to remain positive! Sydney's Mum has just confirmed that he lived to be 12...fingers-crossed for our much loved pooches! Hope all goes well with the follow-up, do keep us posted

Thank you Joyce!!! It is so important to keep hearing positive stories and I do believe Sydney's to be positive! I am thinking of getting another dog, rescuing one this time and have got feelers out with different rescue organisations as they really need to be a bit older and not too bouncy as Pru has been told not to overdo it. I think it will be good for her and good for me. Your BellaMia sounds absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I will try to figure out how to get some more pictures up of Pru

Back