• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Homer

Homeland53

Last Tuesday was a horrible day. We had to say goodbye to Homer, our most loyal, clever and beautiful friend.

He was 12 and a half, and had serious heart and lung issues for the past two years. Our vet was marvellous and the medication probably allowed us enjoy an extra year with Homer.

But the fluid on his lungs was becoming unmanageable and when he was unable to even lie down on Monday night, we knew it was time. Our vets nurse also has a cavalier and was fully aware of what we were going through. She made sure that Homer had a very peaceful and dignified parting.

The house is so empty now................

Philip

I'm so sorry for your loss. Homer lived to a good age, but that doesn't make the loss any easier. RIP Homer. *ng*l

I'm so sorry for your loss! Thinking of Homer - he sounds like he was a special and much loved boy :flwr:

I'm so sorry to read about Homer. 12 1/2 was a fantastic age to get him to, especially if he was sick for the last couple of years. I'm sure you must really miss having him around you :flwr:

I'm so sorry. My oldest is the same age as Homer and I'm dreading that day. I'm glad you were with him and gave him the greatest gift so he suffered no more. What a hard one for you though. RIP Homer. I hope you also find some peace in his memories.

My thoughts are with you at this sad time, Homer was obviously very much loved, they are family, but as time passes you will have happier memories, sending lots of hugs Karen,Ruby and Sadie x :hug:

Many thanks for all the messages. They are really appreciated.

Two weeks now since Homer left and the house is still so empty. Elmo, next doors cat, still scratches at the door to come in and play with him and the postman was wondering why there were no more barks when he came.

One nice thing. When I advised Homers breeders that he had passed away, they emailed me a photo of his father. same cheeky eyes as his son. Lovely to have that picture.

Philip

Back