• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bugs

Bentley and Me

Bentley chases and chews anything in our yard, leaves blowing etc. Now i have a new issue - bugs. He hunts down spiders and bugs and goes nuts trying to eat it or play with it. there are alot of spiders out here - all kinds. I am teaching him the leave it command and bring him in when i see this but i cannot always catch him at this activity the first couple of seconds. I am concerned because there are black widows out here.

I do not leave him out in the yard alone, partly because he wont stay out there by himself anyway and also so he cant get into trouble chewing something he shouldnt - like spiders . UGH ,,,

Bentley chases and chews anything in our yard, leaves blowing etc. Now i have a new issue - bugs. He hunts down spiders and bugs and goes nuts trying to eat it or play with it. there are alot of spiders out here - all kinds. I am teaching him the leave it command and bring him in when i see this but i cannot always catch him at this activity the first couple of seconds. I am concerned because there are black widows out here.

I do not leave him out in the yard alone, partly because he wont stay out there by himself anyway and also so he cant get into trouble chewing something he shouldnt - like spiders . UGH ,,,

Bentley is certainly keeping you on your toes. Have you tried working/training with a clicker? Everytime Bentley does something good, you click and reward. In a short amount of time, the sound of the click will grab Bentley's attention quickly. Might help in cases where he needs to pay attention quickly. Of course, you need to have the clicker with you and handy, which is not always possible.

Good luck. Bosco loves mulch and nuts, so our walks are peppered with "leave it", "leave it", "Oh Bosco....leave it".

Joan

Back