• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Another rotten day, very sad

Rj Mac

This morning, our youngest, Lucy, passed away she was 7 and a half, Lisa came in from town and found her in her basket, she must've went to sleep and slipped away, like all our Cavaliers she's had a murmur all her life, but it's been stable, and she'd only recently had her 6 month check up, and our vets were content she was doing fine,

So as you can imagine Lisa's had an awful fright, I was working down in Edinburgh, but was able to get away and come up the road straight away, still can't really believe she's gone, especially so soon after Charlie

She leaves a massive hole in our house, especially for Kieran, he's adored her from day one, and they've been best pals

Ryan

I am so sorry for your loss. Our sweet cavaliers are never here long enough and 7 years is much too young. I'm sure Charlie was there to greet her at the bridge. RIP sweet Lucy *ng*l

That is so sad! I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope it is even a little comfort that she passed away peacefully at home without long suffering and deterioration. But having been in danger of losing my 7 year old recently, I know it must be a horrible shock.:cry*ing:

So sorry for your loss, i can only reliterate what others have said in the past, 7 years is too young, i really hope in time that this changes, r.i.p. sweet Lucy, Karen,Ruby and Sadie xxx

oh no Ryan and Lisa, I'm so sorry. What a dreadful shock for you Lisa, that's just horrid. The only comfort is that she slipped away in her sleep, but you feel terribly cheated when they are young. Too soon after Charlie as well, the house must feel very empty :(

Thinking of you all with love

It's got to be so hard to make sense of when she had just gotten a relatively clean bill of health. I hope Kieran is not too distraught. He deserves lots of extra cuddles, which may help you and him. I'm so sorry.

Ahhhhh no -- I am so sorry to hear this about Lucy. :( It is very hard to have something like this happen out of the blue and then to just find them already gone, too. At least you know if she passed on while in her basket, it was very fast, perhaps even as she slept. My Lucy went like this and it was at least some comfort to think she was restful and in a place she liked to be. My thoughts go out to all of you -- losing one is difficult but two so close together, and such longtime members of your family, is very hard.

I am so sorry to read this. You guys have been through so much recently. I am sending you lots of love from victoria.

I'm so sorry to read about Lucy. 7 is far too young, and it must have been an awful shock for your family, but wasn't she lucky that she was spared having to go through an illness beforehand:flwr:

So sorry to read this about Lucy and sorry I never saw this thread before.

I know how worrying this is as my Bubbles passed away in her sleep last January. She had an absolutely clean bill of health when she had her birthday check at the vets last December. She didn't even have a heart murmour and the vet asked me how I manage to keep my Cavaliers so well. She went to sleep on the big bed with Holly P and I in time for the midnight Sky News, which she liked to watch, then we had kisses and cuddles and all went off to sleep. Something woke me at five to four and I saw she wasn't breathing. She had gone.

I too wonder why we loose apparently healthy dogs like this. It just beggars belief.

I'm so sorry you lost your Lucy. They are just never with us quite long enough. My sympathies to you and your wife.

Back