Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Buddies

Post Thanks / Like

They are adorable together.......I always knew they would be best friends! I love how in the video that they are the same height and the way Sawyer is licking Leon's hand! Just too cute!!!!!!!!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh, they are so precious together!

Post Thanks / Like

Fletcher and Mr. Monster!!!!! If I don't close the bathroom door Fletcher will get in the walk in shower with kid everytime! You and only guess the laughing that comes from one of those nights. They are like two peas in a pod, if Mr. Monster is running around the yard Fletcher is close behind and if Mr. Monster is playing legos gues whos there? This week my little boy has been very sick (he tested postitive for both strep and the flu) Fletcher has been like velcro dog to him since he started feeling bad Sunday night.

Its such an amazing relationship a boy and his dog. Fletcher just turned 2 a few weeks ago and I cannot remember live without him and I know Mr. Monster can't.

I am so glad your guys are enjoying each other so much!!!
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

This week, my son Leon turns ONE! It has been a year of challenges and victories. Somehow, Leon and our pup Sawyer have survived it well It is amazing watching the two grow up together, becoming closer friends by the day! When we lost our first dog, Butters, just 5 days after Leon was born, I worried life could never feel complete again. I grieved not only the loss of him, but also the way that I had imagined life would be. I had fondly pictured how wonderful it would be for Leon to grow up with such a special dog. There is no mistaking that Sawyer is much different from Butters. His spunky personality and mischievous nature give my husband and I a run for our money. But, he is an incredibly loving dog, and he is such a blessing for my family. When I see these two together, it warms my heart. I know that Leon is growing up with a very special fur-friend.

IMG_3864 by LSidari, on Flickr

IMG_3869 by LSidari, on Flickr
    Mommy to Butters (06/18/2011-4/20/2013) and Sawyer (6/08/2013)
    http://lsidari.blogspot.com

5. Likes Nicki liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What beautiful boys you have! Love the pictures and video!

Post Thanks / Like

Leon's new favorite pastimes:

(1) Casually sharing his treats with Sawyer (Sawyer now has to go into his "house" during snack time)

A82A8569 by LSidari, on Flickr

(2) Playing ball in the backyard

A82A8536 by LSidari, on Flickr

(3) Cuddling up with his best buddy on the couch

A82A8609 by LSidari, on Flickr

August marks the one-year mark of Sawyer joining our family! He has grown into a cuddly, beautiful, and gentle little love bug.

A82A8559 by LSidari, on Flickr
    Last edited by cavalover; 18th August 2014 at 04:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They are both growing up into such handsome young men.

It was tragic losing Butters so young, especially at a time that should have been so happy for you, he was very special. No -one would ever be able to replace him, but it sounds like Sawyer is giving you so much pleasure, and it's wonderful to see Leon and Sawyer growing up together. I admit to having been a bit concerned about having a puppy with such a young baby, but you have shown that with responsible care and dedication, it is possible and they are building a fantastic relationship.

My favourite photo is the one of them on the blanket in the wild flower meadow.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

How lovely to see the photo's of how they've grown.....I love the one of Sawyer looking at your son while he's in his high chair having snack time

Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Too sweet! Leon looks like such a big boy now -- and Sawyers ears have grown in beautifully.

Thanks for sharing!

Joan

Post Thanks / Like

It was so difficult losing Butters and adapting to a new baby. My husband and I had always pictured Butters and Leon growing up together, and I had never imagined that we would lose him so soon. It certainly was not ideal bringing home a puppy with a 5-month-old (and I don't recommend it being routinely done), but neither was losing Butters or considering several years without a dog. My husband and I committed from the beginning to making the best home for Sawyer as well as Leon, which really helped the process. The people in my neighborhood recognize me as "the lady with the baby and the puppy," as everyday I am out two times a day walking the two boys together. This was particularly hard when Leon was not sleeping through the night and I had to adjust extra time into my day, but it has become something we all really enjoy now. Plus, I quickly burned off every bit of that maternity weight! I am blessed to have primarily in-home childcare, so Sawyer is rarely left alone and his play with Leon is closely monitored. It isn't always easy, but those are the sacrifices we make for the enjoyments of having a happy and healthy Sawyer!

Thanks for the messages, and love sharing these two with the forum!