• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Two Buddies

cavalover

IQ7R4668 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

It is such a pleasure watching these two grow up together.

IQ7R4671 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

Leon (my son) adores our cavalier, Sawyer. He constantly watches for Sawyer and smiles and laughs as he studies his best buddy.

IQ7R4615 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

IQ7R4665 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

Sawyer loves to follow after Leon's walker and is first in line to give him kisses. Both don't seem to mind sitting and playing together, either.

IQ7R4640 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

I have a feeling that (like Melissa with Mr. Monster), in a year or two I am going to have to fight Leon to let Sawyer stay with mommy and daddy at night. They can't seem to get enough of one another.

IQ7R4639 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

It certainly isn't always easy... they wear me out after a full day and without a doubt each have minds of their own. But, I can't imagine my life without these two rugrats.

IQ7R4822 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

For Halloween, both dressed up as little dragons. They made quite the pair handing out candy together :) I can't wait for the rest of the holidays with these two.

IQ7R4713 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

IQ7R4735 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

IQ7R4738 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

Last edited:
That is so wonderful to see, it melts my heart! No its not easy, and requires so much positive active supervision but man its so worth it when two little ones learn to live in harmony. Seems like you have a matching of the personalities with dog and kid like I do, enjoy every second of it. There are so cute!

Fletcher was on crate rest last week for a shoulder injury (have no idea how it happened). Well, that made sleeping arrangements weird...what do you do? Mr. Monster and Daddy fixed that. They moved Mr. Monster's mattress to the floor right next to his door and put up two baby gates in the hallway so that Mr. Monster could still go to the bathroom during the night. Oh the things we do to keep our babies happy and healthy.

Oh Fletcher is fine no limping and he is using that shoulder like normal without any problems.

Best buddies for sure! Both are adorable and it's easy to see how much fun they will have together in the future.

What amazing photos of Leon and Sawyer, i love to see the pair having fun together. Karen.Ruby and Sadie x

Best buds alright!!! There's nothing like a boy (or a girl) and his dog. I can't imagine keeping up with a crawling baby and a puppy - double trouble and yet double the fun too.

It has been a while since I have had a chance to post an update on my two little guys. They are growing up so quickly!

IQ7R7458 by LSidari, on Flickr

Sawyer (the cavalier) is now 9 months and Leon (my son), is almost 11 months.

IQ7R7428 by LSidari, on Flickr

My son is standing now and trying to walk. He crawls everywhere, with Sawyer being his number one chasing partner. Sawyer has been very good about not stealing Leon's toys, but Leon seems to think that all the toys are meant for him... especially Sawyer's stuffed animals!

IQ7R7448 by LSidari, on Flickr

For some time now, Sawyer has happily been sharing the bed with my husband and I. It has been months since he has had an accident in the house!

IQ7R7454 by LSidari, on Flickr

Both seem to have endless amounts of energy, so they certainly keep Mommy on her toes!!

Here is a little video of the two partners. It seems they can't go anywhere without each other... even the bath LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HntYPp0mCo

They are adorable together.......I always knew they would be best friends! I love how in the video that they are the same height and the way Sawyer is licking Leon's hand! Just too cute!!!!!!!!

Fletcher and Mr. Monster!!!!! If I don't close the bathroom door Fletcher will get in the walk in shower with kid everytime! You and only guess the laughing that comes from one of those nights. They are like two peas in a pod, if Mr. Monster is running around the yard Fletcher is close behind and if Mr. Monster is playing legos gues whos there? This week my little boy has been very sick (he tested postitive for both strep and the flu) Fletcher has been like velcro dog to him since he started feeling bad Sunday night.

Its such an amazing relationship a boy and his dog. Fletcher just turned 2 a few weeks ago and I cannot remember live without him and I know Mr. Monster can't.

I am so glad your guys are enjoying each other so much!!!

This week, my son Leon turns ONE! It has been a year of challenges and victories. Somehow, Leon and our pup Sawyer have survived it well :) It is amazing watching the two grow up together, becoming closer friends by the day! When we lost our first dog, Butters, just 5 days after Leon was born, I worried life could never feel complete again. I grieved not only the loss of him, but also the way that I had imagined life would be. I had fondly pictured how wonderful it would be for Leon to grow up with such a special dog. There is no mistaking that Sawyer is much different from Butters. His spunky personality and mischievous nature give my husband and I a run for our money. But, he is an incredibly loving dog, and he is such a blessing for my family. When I see these two together, it warms my heart. I know that Leon is growing up with a very special fur-friend.

IMG_3864 by LSidari, on Flickr

IMG_3869 by LSidari, on Flickr

Leon's new favorite pastimes:

(1) Casually sharing his treats with Sawyer (Sawyer now has to go into his "house" during snack time)

A82A8569 by LSidari, on Flickr

(2) Playing ball in the backyard

A82A8536 by LSidari, on Flickr

(3) Cuddling up with his best buddy on the couch

A82A8609 by LSidari, on Flickr

August marks the one-year mark of Sawyer joining our family! He has grown into a cuddly, beautiful, and gentle little love bug.

A82A8559 by LSidari, on Flickr

Last edited:
They are both growing up into such handsome young men. :biggrin:

It was tragic losing Butters so young, especially at a time that should have been so happy for you, he was very special. No -one would ever be able to replace him, but it sounds like Sawyer is giving you so much pleasure, and it's wonderful to see Leon and Sawyer growing up together. I admit to having been a bit concerned about having a puppy with such a young baby, but you have shown that with responsible care and dedication, it is possible and they are building a fantastic relationship.

My favourite photo is the one of them on the blanket in the wild flower meadow.

How lovely to see the photo's of how they've grown.....I love the one of Sawyer looking at your son while he's in his high chair having snack time

:biggrin:

Too sweet! Leon looks like such a big boy now -- and Sawyers ears have grown in beautifully.

Thanks for sharing!

Joan

It was so difficult losing Butters and adapting to a new baby. My husband and I had always pictured Butters and Leon growing up together, and I had never imagined that we would lose him so soon. It certainly was not ideal bringing home a puppy with a 5-month-old (and I don't recommend it being routinely done), but neither was losing Butters or considering several years without a dog. My husband and I committed from the beginning to making the best home for Sawyer as well as Leon, which really helped the process. The people in my neighborhood recognize me as "the lady with the baby and the puppy," as everyday I am out two times a day walking the two boys together. This was particularly hard when Leon was not sleeping through the night and I had to adjust extra time into my day, but it has become something we all really enjoy now. Plus, I quickly burned off every bit of that maternity weight! I am blessed to have primarily in-home childcare, so Sawyer is rarely left alone and his play with Leon is closely monitored. It isn't always easy, but those are the sacrifices we make for the enjoyments of having a happy and healthy Sawyer!

Thanks for the messages, and love sharing these two with the forum!

Back