• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

barking Dogs

Bentley and Me

common issue - neighbor dogs left outside to bark continuously for hrs all day and night. I am outside with bentley when he goes out and I do not let him get caught up in the chorus of dogs barking at the barkers. i distract him or take him inside. so far it works, he ignores the constant barking. He can bark if he feels danger or such but I do not want him to be a neighborhood niusance like so many dogs are around me.

As I understand it, a dog will provide a "territorial" bark intended to let your dog know this is his/her property and not to intrude. Anything beyond that is simply nuisance barking. You are a much better person than me - if these dogs are barking continuously day and night I'd be looking for local nuisance codes to determine if you have a redress to enjoy peace and quiet in your neighborhood. And, an animal control officer to provide you with future options. If I don't get a good night's sleep I'm the old man barking in my neighborhood. Sad that your neighbors don't think of others. Applause that you do.

Bosco doesn't bark. I've heard him bark a few times so I know he can do it, but other than that, he is pretty much silent, with occassional whines. I consider this one of his best qualities! LOL!!

Thank you for not contributing to the delinquency of your neighborhood dogs... LOL.

I'm the same way with mine. They're allowed a bark or two, and then they're called straight into the house.

I'm guessing your town has a noise ordinance. If you don't feel like confronting your neighbor, give the city/town a call. I think it's terribly wrong for the dog to be left outside forever and terribly rude to the neighbors.

Now that's a great canine citizen! :) And agree that nuisance barking is worth formally complaining about. The fact that it tends to mean dogs are left alone outside all day and are bored stiff is as always, depressing. Yet another reason why dogs belong inside -- that's responsible ownership not to force neighbours to listen to barking dogs all day! :)

Back