Thread: Misha, one year on

Post Thanks / Like

Default Misha, one year on

This morning I woke up thinking I had to let Misha out. The thought happens, though not so frequently. Sometimes I wonder if he "visits" while I'm asleep and that's why I think of him so much. I have worn the necklace of his nose imprint every day since I received it from his passing. I have visited him twice in my dreams, and if they are any indication he is quite well and looks much younger. There are days like today where my heart shatters all over again, but I am also so grateful for the life we had together. The image above is a crocheted Misha doll made out of his fur that was spun into yarn. I miss him so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I can't believe it's a year already. The doll is a beautiful tribute to him.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How wonderful that you see Misha in your dreams, I love to think that he visits you. I'm sure he will always be with you.

Anniversaries are very hard and you are still grieving for the loss of your beloved companion so do not be too hard on yourself.

The crocheted Cavalier is just wonderful, really something special to treasure.

Thinking of you.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you.....cant believe its been a year, sending love your way xxx
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes, much empathy to you.

Re the crocheted cav, I have several bags of hair that I have kept from all mine past and present, I never really knew why I kept it but I'm glad I did, perhaps I will get it made into something too.
    Ben (Blenheim)

Still missing Toby (Blenheim) and Ciara (Black and Tan)
    www.tobydug.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Hi James,

I had Misha's fur spun by VIP Fibers last year. I am really happy with the result, but it took maybe 6 months to get the yarn back and cost a lot. Well worth it for me though. If you used shaved fur, the yarn will likely shed a lot. But you can use the yarn for felting projects and once felted it will no longer shed. I still have half of Misha's fur left and was thinking of asking for roving instead of yarn for needle felting projects.

If you know of a local spinning group, likely they could also help you out. And if the needle felting works out for me, perhaps I will start making Cavalier models from their own fur as little keepsakes. I really treasure my little Misha stuffed animal, and think others might too.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe it's been a year, thinking of you x
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)