• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Misha, one year on

MishathePooh

1475998_10103713302608725_969171360_n.jpg

This morning I woke up thinking I had to let Misha out. The thought happens, though not so frequently. Sometimes I wonder if he "visits" while I'm asleep and that's why I think of him so much. I have worn the necklace of his nose imprint every day since I received it from his passing. I have visited him twice in my dreams, and if they are any indication he is quite well and looks much younger. There are days like today where my heart shatters all over again, but I am also so grateful for the life we had together. The image above is a crocheted Misha doll made out of his fur that was spun into yarn. I miss him so much.

How wonderful that you see Misha in your dreams, I love to think that he visits you. I'm sure he will always be with you.

Anniversaries are very hard and you are still grieving for the loss of your beloved companion so do not be too hard on yourself.

The crocheted Cavalier is just wonderful, really something special to treasure.

Thinking of you.

Best wishes, much empathy to you.

Re the crocheted cav, I have several bags of hair that I have kept from all mine past and present, I never really knew why I kept it but I'm glad I did, perhaps I will get it made into something too.

Hi James,

I had Misha's fur spun by VIP Fibers last year. I am really happy with the result, but it took maybe 6 months to get the yarn back and cost a lot. Well worth it for me though. If you used shaved fur, the yarn will likely shed a lot. But you can use the yarn for felting projects and once felted it will no longer shed. I still have half of Misha's fur left and was thinking of asking for roving instead of yarn for needle felting projects.

If you know of a local spinning group, likely they could also help you out. And if the needle felting works out for me, perhaps I will start making Cavalier models from their own fur as little keepsakes. I really treasure my little Misha stuffed animal, and think others might too.

Back