Thread: Kookie's second year proving much better than his first.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Kookie's second year proving much better than his first.

Just wanted to post an update, last year Kookie had an MRI dues to symptomatic CM. In his first year he experienced tremendous pain and it took some time to get this under control. I am happy to report that at 18 months old now he is doing well and his quality of life is much improved. We have had to increase his medication along the way but apart from episodes brought on by over excitement/stress or sudden changes in air pressure he is doing well.
    Catherine & Kookie

Post Thanks / Like

What a pleasure to read. I'm so happy to hear that his (and your) life has improved over the past year! What a relief. You'll probably still have ups and downs over the years, but hopefully more good times like now.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

3. Thanks cavie3 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bev, it has certainly been a blessing to enjoy better times. I just cherish these moments and hopefully there will be many more to follow.
    Catherine & Kookie

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful news! I hope he continues to do well for many years to come!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

6. Likes cavie3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joyce, I do hope so, we all know with this condition that there aren't any guarantees but I am enjoying the good times and making the most of it!
    Catherine & Kookie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's great to know -- hopefully Kookie will do really well on meds and have many many years ahead. My Leo started at around 2 on meds, with a gradual increase in dose and changing a few over time, but is now over 10 and quite active. I hadn't expected that as his syrinx was wide when first MRId and I thought I might have a few years at best but very happily, he has proven me wrong.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

9. Likes cavie3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Karlin, I know last year I was very worried with Kookie being so young and having so many symptoms but with the medication it's been like a gift from above. It is really encouraging to hear how well Leo has done and to know he has a good quality of life aged 10 especially having a wide syrinx. I so wish they would make health testing mandatory in an effort to eradicate or at the very least reduce this terrible condition and I am sure I am not alone in this.
    Catherine & Kookie