• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kookie's second year proving much better than his first.

cavie3

Just wanted to post an update, last year Kookie had an MRI dues to symptomatic CM. In his first year he experienced tremendous pain and it took some time to get this under control. I am happy to report that at 18 months old now he is doing well and his quality of life is much improved. We have had to increase his medication along the way but apart from episodes brought on by over excitement/stress or sudden changes in air pressure he is doing well.

What a pleasure to read. I'm so happy to hear that his (and your) life has improved over the past year! What a relief. You'll probably still have ups and downs over the years, but hopefully more good times like now.

Thanks Bev, it has certainly been a blessing to enjoy better times. I just cherish these moments and hopefully there will be many more to follow.

Thanks Joyce, I do hope so, we all know with this condition that there aren't any guarantees but I am enjoying the good times and making the most of it!

That's great to know -- hopefully Kookie will do really well on meds and have many many years ahead. :) My Leo started at around 2 on meds, with a gradual increase in dose and changing a few over time, but is now over 10 and quite active. I hadn't expected that as his syrinx was wide when first MRId and I thought I might have a few years at best but very happily, he has proven me wrong. :D

Thanks Karlin, I know last year I was very worried with Kookie being so young and having so many symptoms but with the medication it's been like a gift from above. It is really encouraging to hear how well Leo has done and to know he has a good quality of life aged 10 especially having a wide syrinx. I so wish they would make health testing mandatory in an effort to eradicate or at the very least reduce this terrible condition and I am sure I am not alone in this.

Back