• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Good news at the vets..

Nix105

Jazz went to the vets today as she'd been scooting and licking so I wanted her anal glands checked, and yup, they needed expressing ( horrible job and wish it wasn't necessary) Anyway, I asked the vet to check her heart and I'm very pleased to report all sounds fine.

Jazz is still quite young, she'll be 2 in December, but it's lovely to know so far so good as I really appreciate how delicate these little cavs are and how important the healthy years are :dogwlk:

That is good news! And yes -- expressing anal glands is a bit on the yuck side but makes the dogs a lot more comfortable once done... :) And it is far worse to have one rputure in the house! h*lp

Some vets will teach you how to express the glands, externally and internally. I do it so mine can get immediate relief. Plus, I'm a lot more fussy about really cleaning the backside once they've been expressed. I can't imagine having one rupture in the house!

Back