Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are winter jackets needed in the south?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Love my Cavaliers View Post
    I got jackets recommended by our buddy Brian that cover the legs and belly so they don't come in covered in snowballs. Otherwise I'd spend half my day blow drying them!!
    Oh! Those snowballs . . . ugh! We had one winter with a fair amount of snow and they drove me bonkers. As for Sophie, she did not notice them nor care.

Post Thanks / Like

We live near Mom obvious in southern Virginia and have not used a coat on five year old rescue, Charlie. His hair is not real long but quite thick. Just watch him and see how he does before going to the expense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TomA View Post
    We live near Mom obvious in southern Virginia and have not used a coat on five year old rescue, Charlie. His hair is not real long but quite thick. Just watch him and see how he does before going to the expense.
    Funny this morning was 29 degrees, Fletcher ran so quick in and out to potty LOL I walked 3 whole miles in it. I was a popsicle when I finished.....I HATE the cold.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

It is very cold and raining here too. Summer refused to go outside. She just looked at me like, "yeah right mom."

Post Thanks / Like

I only put coats on the girls if the temperature is below -15C (5F). If it falls below -20C I also use the rubber balloon boots since Lady refuses to walk on the cold pavement. Neither dog likes to go outside if it's raining though
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz

Post Thanks / Like

We live in central Alabama, and it really just depends on how long you will be out. Rose has a pair of "waffle knit" long johns for when it's really cold, or it has actually snowed, if she is going to be out a while. Just for pottying, she goes out without a coat. Our boxer will be needing a coat though, with her short hair and low fat ratio . I have a t-shirt material "coat" for her, and a waterproof warm coat for snow/cold rain. Rose also has a raincoat, but we haven't needed it so far.