I will be bringing home a 8-week old cavalier in a few weeks and have a few questions.
1) Should I crate train him on the first night? (I have a 24" x 18" crate with a divider)
-If so, should I leave space for a pee pad or newspapers because he's so young? Or no space so he doesn't go in the crate. How long should this go on for.
2) I live in an apartment (home all day). Can I bring him out on a leash yet? Also, any recommendations for a collar and lead?
3) What's a good chew toy? I heard carrot sticks. Is that ok for his age?
4) What's a good overall toy for us to play together.
5) What's a good overall toy for him to play by himself.
6) What's healthy reward treat should I use?
Anything else I should know. I'm reading My Smart Puppy at the moment. I hope that's OK for Cavaliers.