• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My beloved Bentley...

Remali

I hadn't been able to post about it until now, and even now I'm crying...

On September 19th I had to put my beloved Bentley to sleep, I held him in my arms and he went peacefully. I'm just totally devastated. He was 8 years old. The last year had not been kind to my love, he started getting so ill, and I learned he had Cushings disease, as well as heart failure. he just got so bad, and was in rough shape, I didn't want him to suffer. He was my whole world. I have never felt such loss.

Bentleyandhispinktoy24cropped_zpsb4219b63.jpg

Oh, I am so sorry. I can feel both your love and your heart breaking in your words. Life is not kind sometimes, and Bentley was far too young. RIP beautiful boy and may you find some peace in his memories soon.

I'm so sorry. Bentley was too young to have suffered so. He is now at peace, with no more pain and suffering. I hope knowing that and your memories of him will bring you joy and comfort. RIP Bentley. *ng*l

I am so sorry to hear about your Bentley. I lost my special boy earlier this year to a terrible illness as well and I agree it is such a difficult process. It looks like he was a beautiful boy, inside and out. Thinking of you in this difficult time

I'm so very sorry, this is the Cavalier 's only fault, they truly break your heart when they leave.: (

Bentley was fortunate to have 8 wonderful years with you and I'm sure you have many happy memories that in time will push away the 'not so good' times and bring you comfort and pleasure. I think you always carry a sadness that your beloved companion is no longer with you, but you also always treasure their life and the love you shared.

Keeping you in our thoughts.

I'm so sorry. Bentley was a beautiful boy that had to leave you far too soon. I'm sure you still miss him terribly xx

Thank you everyone, such kind words, it helps me. I am still so heartbroken.

Cavalover, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved boy. {{hugs}} to you.

I've lost other pets, other dogs, and I was just so crushed to lose them too... but losing Bentley has been a really difficult thing for me... I'd never had such a bond before, it was as if Bentley and I were one, he was so kind and so devoted. I had actually been in the hospital for two days and two nights before I had to take him to the vet, and I had only been home for two days... being away from him about killed me. I was in the hospital with an abdominal abscess due to a ruptured appendix, I actually left the hospital against medical advice because I was so worried about Bentley, I was glad I left AMA, Bentley needed me, and I needed him (and I was doing OK, I had no temp and my blood work showed no more sign of infection going on). It does make me feel guilty that I was not home here with him and was gone those days and nights (altho friends tell me Bentley was doing OK when they came by to feed and check on him and my other dog), knowing how Bentley did not like me leaving him though, although he did have my Toy Poodle Bailey here for company, and I did have 3 friends coming over here to feed and water and check on them at least twice daily, I feel so awful for being gone. I feel as if I should have been here more for him, I am just glad I came home when I did... although I have some guilt going on... I know I shouldn't feel that way... but, well, just can't help it...

Back