Thread: So I phoned the vet today.

Post Thanks / Like

Default So I phoned the vet today.

I phoned the vet practice today and left a message with the tech to have the head vet phone me back. I told her that I was concerned about Buddy taking vetmedin and wondered about whether they could consult with a cardiologist first.

The head vet phoned back this evening, apparently being informed by the tech that I wanted a referral to a cardiologist. I said no, not affordable, but what about a consult? She then tells me that, oh yes, we have a cardiologist that we consult with regularly. Say what?? Why they didnít do this 8 months ago when Buddy first got sick?

Anyway, sheís faxing a consult referral to the cardiologist this evening and expects to hear back tomorrow and will phone me afterwards.

Iíve been taking my pets to this practice for over 20 years and have always considered them to be solid practitioners. Until now.

Post Thanks / Like

How frustrating for you!!

At least you're finally getting it sorted. Hows Buddy doing now...are you still giving him the Vetmedin or have you stopped until you have the consul.
    Its so confusing with all the conflicting advice isn't it?

Hope both you and Buddy are well.
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mel-- I told the vet I’m discontinuing the vetmedin and the vet supported that decision (although I don’t think she had an opinion either way.) Very frustrating!

I’ll post here later after I hear back re the cardio consult.