• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fletcher the Jealous

MomObvious

Normally Fletcher goes to bed with Mr. Monster (my almost 6 year old son) every night. Tonight my husband and I planned on cuddling up on the sofa to watch a movie together, you know like date night only at home. Even tho Mr. Monster is "old enough" to have a babysitter and even tho we also have 2 wonderful teenagers who can babysit my husband is still pretty "that's my baby boy" and refused to have him babysit by anyone. Totally another story but.... Well, Fletcher must have know we were all cuddled with a blanket the fireplace going and some healthy popcorn. He always tries to get in the middle of my husband and I went we are close. Fletcher was outright crazy about it tonight. He pretty much billy goat climbed over me to get his little tail right in between us. I love that dog but really:shifty: every time we moved him to sit next to us more comfortable he found another way to be in either my or my husbands face- no really Fletcher pushes his face right up against our faces so we have a face full of fluffy dog! He acted just like a little spoiled bratty 2 year old:luv:. I even tried to take him back to Mr. Monster's bed which only worked for a few minutes so my husband and I ended up sitting on opposite ends of the sofa go Fletcher would chill out. Apparently, we need a dog sitter to have an evening alone together:D.

Does anyone else's cavalier try to do this? Fletcher also gets all nutty when I pick up Mr. Monster to love on him but those two are very close little litter mates.

Somewhat related, every time I hug my wife Sam (our female black & Tan 3.5 year old) will run up to me and smack me on the leg with her paw to let me know she's there and to pick her up. She then gets between us for the duration of hugs. Now, we simply have "group hugs" - no longer just the two of us. When I'm in the recliner watching TV, she's on my lap. The minute Terri comes into the room and sits on the couch Sam stands up and gives me the look - "Dude, did you not see Terri come in here? Put me down, I need to be on her lap."

Interesting

Very interesting! Cavs jealous of spouses.
Charlie, my cav, growls at my spouse for daring to enter the room where I am. When spouse gives treats Charlie is right there for his share. When spouse moves to enter the room where I am Charlie runs in front of him, to get there first, turns around so he can growl at him when he arrives.
The only time spouse is growled at is in my presence. I'm some kind of influence.

Last edited:
Back