• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Eden MultiMeat & Fish Formula

Lynne

Teddy has been on the Eden Kibble for a couple of months now. We moved him from Burns Original as the Burns didn't really have enough Protein content, and the Eden seems to get excellent reviews as everything seems to be good quality . He absolutely loves it, and wolfes it down. His coat is glossy, he has tonnes of energy, although his breath smells a bit sour. My only worry is that the Eden doesn't seem to have enough fibre in it. Has anyone else tried this, or do you have a thought regarding fibre supplement we could add, be it natural or other?
Thanks,
Lynne

Hi Lynne - I'm not familiar with the brands you mention -- maybe because I live in the US. If you want to add a little fiber, sprinkle some flax seeds on the food. Seems that Teddy is doing very well on the food, so i wouldn't switch it.

As for sour breath, maybe his teeth needs to brushed? Or get him one of the "fresh breath" chewy treats.

Good luck.

Joan

Hi Joan, Thanks for replying. Yes, Eden and Burns are UK companies, so I guess that narrows any responses down a little lol. Flax seeds Thank you - I'll look them up.

We have been letting him have half a Dentastix every day, although because of his recent predicament with the Anti Biotics, we stopped them because we didn't want too much rich food going in whilst it was coming out again so quickly. Perhaps we will have to re-introduce this back to his diet again now. Totally forgot about those until you mentioned his teeth, and he didn't have sour breath before.

Lynne x

Eden is an excellent food. Has the vet checked his mouth/teeth for an injury, I would be surprised that he has sour breath from the food.

I wouldn't recommend dentastix due to the ingredients, you can find out more about them here http://www.whichdogfood.co.uk/dog-treat-reviews/0018/pedigree-dentastix-small

If you really feel he needs extra fibre, some of us feed Psyllium husk either on its own or mixed with oatbran. I give one [very!] heaped teaspoon of psyllium husks, mixed with at least 70ml water, it goes to a jelly if you leave it to soak for a while and you can then mix it with their food. You MUST feed it with water though. I buy mine on Amazon.

Some people give up to 2 teaspoons Oatbran [dampened with water and mixed with their meal]

Both seem to help with the problem of anal glands not emptying.

I also feed raw carrot roughly chopped into large chunks which helps too.

Other than that, fibre is mainly there as a cheap filler!

If you are looking for something to clean his teeth, maybe look into giving bones - there is lots of information on here.

Eden have a very good page on facebook.

hi nicky,
we are due back to the vets as soon as the results of his last stool test comes back so we will mention it. and ask them to have a look at histeeth and gums at the same time. See if we are missing anything.
He does enjoy raw carrot and dried carrot too, its really since he started with the eden, i have noticed he isnt as nice to get kisses from. The kibble itself does smell a little, in fact when i weigh out his food on a morning, i have to put the rest of the days food in a plastic bag because it makes the kitchen smell, thats why i was thinking it might be connected, but so far the Eden has been a great replacement so thats why i am looking for a fibre supplement r:ather than move onto something else.
I shall definately take a look at those alternatives. Teddy always has plenty of water on the go, and loves a good slurp, so thankfully he doesnt get dehydrated easily.

Back