Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spaying at a very young age

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remali View Post
    I still cannot get over the loss of Bentley, I cant even bear it yet... but, Maddie has me wrapped around her little paw already, and last night we played fetch (indoors) and she had me laughing so hard... it felt so good to laugh again.
    Puppies do have a way of soothing a broken heart and wiggling their way in to make their own place! Maggie is adorable and I'm sure she will bring you so much joy!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

That is so very true Joyce!
    ~Renee, Bentley & Bailey & Maddie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think urinary incontinence tends to be an issue more in old age now and then in spayed females -- have not really heard of cases while still puppies. Maddie is very sweet. I think you have some good advice here -- it isn't an ideal situation but it is what happened and I'd not worry too much. There may be nothing at all as a result, or you might get a slightly taller dog... it might contribute to something later on but may not make any difference one way or another. Enjoy her!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

For the sake of data (feel like maybe data should be in block capitals with some sort of bold underlining?) I thought I'd add this article I found: AngryVet Spaying and Neutering.

The argument presented is weighted towards not spaying/neutering. It is opinion based it seems but they have a couple of interesting points.

My only experience with early neutering in animals has been with cats and in spite of what vets told us, repeatedly, all three became rather rotund in spite of being on a low calorie diet and being very active, outdoorsy types. So, I guess either it was the spaying, OR we've just been unlucky and had cats who have some hidden medical issues or are just little fatties. My first cat lived to be eighteen and was spayed when she was about five, but after a couple of litters of kittens - I think, anyway, I was about five myself at the time!

Maddie is lovely, by the way