• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

oops..

Super Princess

So i was brushign maggies fur lastnight...and felt a little mat at the end of her tail (well the end closest to the bum)
having visions of the groomer shaving her tail (like they did with the ears) i decided to snip it out myself.
well it looked pretty silly once i had done that..so i kept snipping..trying to make it look better.

it dosnt.

shes going tomorrow to get her cleansing shave im gonna see if they can make her tail look relitivly normal.

i showed my mom today when dropping her off with grandpa...and my mom goes

"didn't you learn when you were 6 that you shouldnt cut hair?!?!?!" (i cut my own hair the night before santa pictures because i wanted to look pretty. lets just say....i faild misrably...and have a glare and my arms crossed in the picture..pretty sure my mom ahd just said a nasty comment to me)

anyways.....i should not cut hair.

Im not too upset lol. TAIL... isnt in picutres (im a picture taker) the ears i was devestated as you remember .
But its gonna come back and bite me at christmas.. i still get flack from cutting my own hair..this is just a excuse to ge them talking about it again.

I have been scissor cutting Fletcher for awhile. I don't want him shaved down but I obviously am having trouble keeping a "full furred" cavalier mat free. For us its worked out well. I keep Fletcher's chest and underside about 2 inches long, I trim his feathers, I cut the hair behind his ears short, I also clip out mats as needed. I refuse to cut his ears or tail AT ALL but since he is relatively mat free everywhere else its works out. I invested in a pair of thinning shears, they look like a combs on the end of scissor points they cut hair at uneven lengths in one clop. This helps make it so you cannot really tell I cut his hair. Fletcher is so fluffy I am really able to clip away and he still has plenty of fluff left. I still brush him everyday but its a much simpler process now.

Too funny!!! put a smile on me at coffee time....yes it will grow back...sometime..but thanks for sharing the grinn.

haha your welcome! :D
I took her into the pet store to get it fixed (and lady area shaved and nails trimmed) and it got better...

we turned into the parkinglot..and i saw a giant chicken walking a dog.

so we got inside..and the giant chicken was talking to batman!

....walked up to the groomers and was all
"so......whats up with the giant chicken and batman?"
and they go "oh..the super heros are in to help with santa pictures"
i was like "....okay thats awesome...whats the chicken about?"
"shes a free range chicken.."
"...okay then!"

we got her fixed up and i thinks she looks fine they trimmed a few more hairs from her tail..it is what it is..i dont really care too much..i dont see it in pictures .
Gonna try and keep on top of it.

Yeah im all about the ears too..i was DEVESTATED the ears got shaved right before her birthday (came on here let everyone know) but theyre not bad now..they have a wave to them..and i dont mind them the lenght they are at all..course i looking forward to having them grow longer..but im also wondering if a groomer is able to keep them this length or a bit longer without SHAVING them..i woudlnt mind it. kinda like..puppy ears.

chest is hard..ive found a few mats in there..i cut out myself..it isnt notisable at all.. shes so FLUFFY she looks so much ...puffy/fatter then she actually is..id love to loose some of that but im not going there right now. lol

haha your welcome! :D

but im also wondering if a groomer is able to keep them this length or a bit longer without SHAVING them..i woudlnt mind it. kinda like..puppy ears.

They definitely could :)
you just trim the shape they are, or if you like the literal hairs that length ask them to use a SScomb. They glide through the coat over the top of the blade and can leave as much as 1.5" :)

I actually sometimes trim Kokoda's ears into a bob, because his hair is so thin, his ears get really scrappy and weird looking when they are long.
They are long at the moment, but i trimmed them throughout the year a few times :)

oh god hes so cute!!! i love his little face!!! Ears look great!!
I like the length of his coat too. hes not a fluff ball like someone i know...sitting behind me on the couch resting her head on my shoulder.

oh god hes so cute!!! i love his little face!!! Ears look great!!
I like the length of his coat too. hes not a fluff ball like someone i know...sitting behind me on the couch resting her head on my shoulder.

I think he's super cute too :)
his hair is a bit longer now, he is 2yo and has finally decided to grow some coat.
I have heard ruby's are slower to grow fur, but i don't think Kokoda will ever have much. Its very thin.
Whcih is good, as be barely sheds. Unlike my past cav who was a hairy monster haha

DSCN0077 by KokodaTheCav, on Flickr

The couch sounds like my two in winter, but summer in australia is a bit too hot for sitting close together!
they are such cuddly dogs aren't they :)

OK, the doggies are beautiful - but that little girl on the porch with her dog is absolutely gorgeous! And that smile!

Back