• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

update on my dad

lindylou

hi ct friends
thank you all for your kind words and support

my dad is very poorly at the care home he' not eating and he's loosing weight
i have taken louie into the care home and dad new louie straight away and was really pleased to see him and made a fuss of him. louie was very unsettled while in dad's room i think it was the heat its so warm in the care home. dad could remember louie's name but he could not remember my name i think he nose me by my voice
i have being given some very bad news on dad i have being ask for signed consent by the dr and medical staff at the care home to do not resuscitate as dad has heart failure there is morphen and other injection on standbye for him but nothing my dad he is such a fighter
i wonder what kind ov christmas i'm going to have but i wish all my ct friends a very merry christmas and a happy new year

I am so sorry you are going through this with your dad, and the holidays just seem to make it worse. Just count your blessings and know that you did everything you could for him. It was nice that you were able to bring Louie to see him. I'm sure that brought him a lot of pleasure. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and send a special prayer to your dad. Take care of yourself too. :hug:

Hey he remembered Louie and had a nice visit with him, remember its the small things. I firmly remember signing the DNR (do not resuscitate) forms when my grandmother was ill. It was a family discussion and decision since my grandma was not able to understand them. It was NOT easy, I only hope when I get old I can do that for myself and NEVER involve my children but you just never know. My grandmother was not such a good eater however she had her favorites. I always took her special food when I stopped by and I kept her in good candy and chocolate- she would eat that. Remember old folk homes have basically bland boring food, maybe bringing him a favorite meal will help some.

Again it is NOT easy to care for someone at this stage of their life especially when their memory goes, just do the best you can and don't be hard on yourself. Take Louie again soon.

Hi, So sorry to read you are going through this awful time at the moment. The DNR is a horrible decision to make but as a RGN Ive been at many resuscitations and believe me when I tell you that people in your Dads situation the last thing he needs is the trauma of a resus. Would he want it?

It is the hardest thing to see for such a loved man:(
We're thinking of you....take care and look after yourself

Sorry to hear about your Dad. This must be a very sad time for you and family. Just know you will be in my prayers during this tough time, and I pray for peace for you when the time comes. I think it is wonderful that Louie went to see your Dad and you had the forethought to bring him. You are a wonderful daughter, and brought some Christmas Spirit to the hospital that Dad for you Dad and who knows how many others.

Take care of yourself.

Joan

I also wanted to add. I am not an a religious person, I still don't know 100% what I believe however I do 10000000% believe that when a person passes they are somehow given clarity of memories or things they were previously unable to understand. Just know somewhere inside your father knows all the wonderful things you are doing and feeling for him now. I am sure he is grateful to have such a loving daughter.
My own grandmother has Alzheimer's disease, I was very sorry to watch her pass however I has some relief she left the disease in the physical world and now was able to see and understand where she was. My grandmother was devoutly Catholic, its my greatest hope she was right and is now enjoying bliss in heaven.

Back