• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Making sense as to what has happened in the last 24 hours

HollyDolly

Yesterday morning I had a perfectly healthy 10 year dog 10 hours later she was dead. Vet diagnosed Auto-Immune Hemolytic Anemia I can not get my head round it at all and does not seem real. Pat if you are out they can you help me understand? Nanette

Oh no! Nanette, I don't know what to say. How awful for you and I am so, so sorry this has happened. Holding you close in my thoughts and prayers and hoping you can find some comfort in that she didn't suffer.

So sorry Nanette,
I so hope you can find some explanation for what happened to your beautiful girl.
Thinking of you at this dreadful time xx
Sins

Oh No...I am so sorry......thoughts are with you at this time...I do hope someone has some answers for you.
Take care

Mel

Had she been vaccinated recently? If so, did she show any odd symptoms after the vaccination, like a lump or listlessness?

Oh no, oh Nanette I can't believe it, Precious darling Holly. What a dreadful shock for you.

A friend 's Cavalier also developed AIHA some years back, following vaccination: ( she was given a blood transfusion which helped her.

I have been looking for some information about it:
depending on which study you read, 60-75% of IMHA cases do not have apparent causes.

This site seems to explain it quite well
http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pe...alth/autoimmune-hemolytic-anemia-in-dogs/2135

Keeping you and Frank (and Gus) in our thoughts x

I can barely imagine what you must be going through. I just wanted to say that my thoughts are with you at this difficult time xx

That is so sad. You must feel like you're in a nightmare that you can't wake up from. It has to be so hard to make sense of. I'm so sorry. Like all of the CavalierTalk clan, my thoughts are with you.

I am so sorry. My first Cavalier, Charlie, died almost as quickly from gastro-enteritis - one moment you have what seems to be a healthy dog, and a short time later he/she is gone and the whole thing seems completely unbelievable. Be gentle with yourself, you're in shock. I'm sure someone here will be able to give you some answers.

:hug:

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I know how you feel and I am so very sorry.

You might remember that at the end of January I got into bed at midnight as usual with Bubbles and Holly P. Also as usual, Bubba and I snuggled up to watch the midnight Sky News, then I put the light out to go to sleep. I woke up at 3.55 a.m. to realise that Bubbles wasn't breathing. She looked so peaceful I am sure there was no pain and I chose not to have a P.M. I wanted to bury her as she was.

I'm very sad to say that sometimes these things happen for reasons we are unlikely to understand. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so shocking when there hasn't been any sign of a illness beforehand. Take care xx

Oh no. Nanette, this is devastating to hear -- I am so, so sorry. :( I hope you can find some answers.

Back