Thread: Sulking dog !!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sulking dog !!

We decided after many years to finally make the dogs sit in another room while we are eating as the constant begging became to much.
    I have to say that Max is fine with it but Charlie, I have never seen a dog sulk and look so miserable, he now just sits in his bed and growls if we try to give him any attention, I have to say he is worse than the most spoilt child I have ever seen, however this is now a battle of wills, any one else have sulky cavvies .??

Post Thanks / Like

We have always crated Fletcher at dinner time. Mr. Monster would send more food to the floor for the dog then he would eat. It a double duty task because I feed Fletcher dinner in his crate too. Just an idea but maybe you could feed your dogs in another room while you are eating. I am pretty sure the sulking will stop then.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

I have had this rule in place since they were pups, so its not an issue. One aspect of dog training that I did right! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Sulky Charlie!! Maybe you could give him a treat or a toy to play with when he's been banished so he associates it with something good not bad? A stuffed kong might work.
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008