• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sulking dog !!

quoman

We decided after many years to finally make the dogs sit in another room while we are eating as the constant begging became to much.
I have to say that Max is fine with it but Charlie, I have never seen a dog sulk and look so miserable, he now just sits in his bed and growls if we try to give him any attention, I have to say he is worse than the most spoilt child I have ever seen, however this is now a battle of wills, any one else have sulky cavvies .??

We have always crated Fletcher at dinner time. Mr. Monster would send more food to the floor for the dog then he would eat. It a double duty task because I feed Fletcher dinner in his crate too. Just an idea but maybe you could feed your dogs in another room while you are eating. I am pretty sure the sulking will stop then.

I have had this rule in place since they were pups, so its not an issue. One aspect of dog training that I did right! LOL!

Poor Sulky Charlie!! Maybe you could give him a treat or a toy to play with when he's been banished so he associates it with something good not bad? A stuffed kong might work.

Back