Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please could you keep our precious Lauren in your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nicki, I am thinking of you today. This is so sad -- Lauren is such a lovely girl and I know how hard you worked to make her life as comfortable as possible. She is way to young to have had to deal with so much. You and Trevor have had a heavy burden with such difficult decisions to make with several cavaliers. This is a heart-breaking, but we all know, a courageous and compassionate decision. May she rest in peace.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

You both are in my thoughts and prayers, she was so lucky to have a knowledgable and loving owner such as you! Hang in there....
    Noelle, B.B., & Tucker

Post Thanks / Like

Still thinking of you both Nicki xx
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Nicki, this is heartbreaking, but releasing Lauren from her pain is the ultimate gift of love. My thoughts are with you.
    Kathleen
    Thomas (tri-colour) & Jade (blenheim) waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you all for your words of comfort which have really helped x

I feel overwhelmed with sadness at her loss, she was my 'heart' dog. Because she had been so poorly, she was very clingy and wanted to be with me all the time, so it's really hard as I am constantly looking for her.

Tommy is quite subdued, he's never been on his own. It's over 17 years since we only had one dog, at times we've had 7 with fosters and rehomes, so it seems terribly quiet.

It is a comfort that Lauren's passing is helping to spread the word about the Collection Scheme though, obviously this is something that is difficult to promote but is such a valuable scheme, it has already produced published studies which may help with pain management in the future for people as well as dogs.

Even if they are not scanned, they can still contribute, your own vet can collect tissue for the research for MVD and Pancreatitis & Diabetes Mellitus. It would be wonderful if something so positive could come from Lauren's passing in that so many more people might think about putting their dogs forward.

I will put up a post in the 'in memoriam ' section and close this thread.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org