Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lauren 28th May 2009 - 3rd December 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Lauren 28th May 2009 - 3rd December 2014

Lauren was given her wings to save her from further suffering as the pain from CM/SM was becoming increasingly difficult to manage.

Lauren had the Chiari malformation and syrinxes the length of her spine; believed to have been exacerbated by our exposure to chronic carbon monoxide poisoning over a period of several years

From the moment she was born I knew she would be stopping with us - I had really wanted a Tricolour girl. She was very special to me from the moment of her birth. It took a long time for my husband to bond with her, but she eventually worked her magic on him too. We are both devastated at losing our beautiful, precious girl. It was the hardest decision to make but the most loving one.

Sadly Lauren was attacked a Golden Retreiver when she was just a puppy, this left her with a fear of other dogs, with the help of a behaviourist and training we did get her more confident around some dogs, but it was always difficult.

I feel overwhelmed with sadness at her loss, she was my 'heart' dog. Because she had been so poorly, she was very clingy and wanted to be with me all the time, so it's really hard as I am constantly looking for her.

I will put up some photos later.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

We are so very sorry for your loss Nicki, but what a beautiful tribute to a wonderful dog, you are all in our thoughts x
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

So sad Nicki, You've given a lovely tribute though.
    You and your family are in my thoughts....please take care of yourself

Mel x
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

So very sad for your loss, run free little one. My heart goes out to you and you are in my thoughts.

Catherine x
    Catherine & Kookie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your post is so moving, Nicki. This makes me so sad. Because I know how much you loved Lauren, and how long you worked to make her life more comfortable, I know how hard it must have been to take this decision. Thinking of you and Trevor at such a terribly difficult time.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I can feel your love for Lauren and your pain and sadness at her passing. She will always with you, in your heart and memories. She was too young to have suffered so much, but she is now running free of all pain.

RIP sweet Lauren.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

CM/SM is such a horrific disorder to claim such a young life because of unrelenting/uncontrollable pain. Lauren, you, and Trevor were lucky to have spent 4+ years together knowing love and happiness. I hope you are able to find some peace in your memories of her. Rest in peace sweet, beautiful girl.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Nicki and Trevor, I'm so sorry for your loss of Lauren, she was so special to you. It's really hard - the space that's left behind can be very big for such small dogs - thinking of you xx
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear of Lauren Nikki, so sorry
    Ben (Blenheim)

Still missing Toby (Blenheim) and Ciara (Black and Tan)
    www.tobydug.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gone from our sight, but never our memories. Gone from our touch, but never our hearts. Nanette. Xxxxx
    HollyDolly