• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ben age 12

Ben is such a handsome boy! I just love all the oldies. He reminds me so much of my Sydney. Thanks for sharing.....please share more of your love!y boy.

Wow he can certainly move for an old gent! My sweet Bubbles has acupuncture every week as her back legs are giving up wish she could move like Ben he is adorable! Love the oldies!

Wow he can certainly move for an old gent! My sweet Bubbles has acupuncture every week as her back legs are giving up wish she could move like Ben he is adorable! Love the oldies!
Ben has back end weakness / leg problems as well, this time last year he was falling over, showing signs of arthritis, he had lost a lot of muscle in the back legs and I was fearing the worst.

He had cartrophren injections most of the last year every month and he is also getting what I am told is western acupuncture and I am now doing physio on him every day and finally he has been started on a non steriodal anti inflamatory that is showing no side effects (metacam makes him ill)
At the last vet nurse visit his muscle girth in the back legs had increased, they recon this is due to the physio making him workout. Today he ran a little and I had to run after him as he was heading towards where a friend feeds his feral cats (FOOD!). He is also getting up on the settee under his own steam but using two footstools as steps.

I would try the physio as it is definitely helping Ben.

Thank you for the advice. We tried a course of the carthrophren injections and there was a big improvement in her but it didn't last long. Bubbles is old (unfortunately we don't know her age as she is a rescue but the vet reckons she is 11-13 yrs.) She has heart, kidney and liver problems as well as wasted muscle especially in the back legs. She was on metacam but the vets have linked some of her health probs to this med. They won't give her a painkiller so she gets acupuncture every week and it keeps her going. She still has a good quality of life but has now developed fluid on the lungs and on top of all that the vet has diagnosed a touch of senility as she wakes up barking a number of tines during the night and gets bouts of confusion. She is a real little fighter and thankfully is not in pain but every day she is with us is so precious as I know she is on borrowed time. I will ask the vet about physio on our visit next week in the meantime I hope Ben enjoys his good health for a long time to come.

I also love the senior boys. My oldest is 9 and hurt his hip playing with me on our hardwood floors. Hasn't been quite as active since. He also lost his hearing a few years ago, but he's never lost his heart....or his appetite! Hoping for several more years with my little buddy. Cherish every day with your handsome lad.

Back