• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

recommendations on x pens!?

mariagrady

Hey everyone I bring my puppy home in a week and just was wondering for those of you who use x pens what size do you prefer, and style? He is sometimes going to have to be in there when I go to work (My mom will be stopping over and checking on him often though and taking him outside and playing with him :) )

I'm sure there are many different brands out there, but personally, we have 2 of the Precision brand exercise pens, one which we used in our old apartment (but don't need anymore since we moved into a house and now put Skippy in our laundry room), and one which we keep at my in-laws' whenever they need to pet sit for us. We've been happy with them and don't foresee needing to get another exercise pen in Skippy's lifetime.

Here are a couple of links for more information. Note that I purchased the exercise pens from a local pet store chain.

http://www.petco.com/product/11368/...imate-Exercise-Pens.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch

http://www.precisionpet.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryId=34

I think ours is the one that is 36" high. Skippy has never been able to jump out. These exercise pens come with a handy door that you can leave open when you need to. The configuration we used in our old apartment was to put both Skippy's crate as well as his potty box inside his exercise pen. Even with those in there there was ample room for him to stretch himself out or sprawl on the floor whenever he didn't feel like being in his crate.

Good luck in finding a suitable one for your pup!

Oh, you're going to have so much fun! We have an 8 panel Top Paw x-pen 24 inches high and none of my dogs has ever jumped out. When we used it, we attached the crate to it so that they had more play room and a separate sleeping space. Over the years it's come in handy when one or another of my four has had surgery or needed to be kept quiet/inactive for some reason, or my daughter's dog spends the night. X-pens are great! If you're going to be gone a longtime, you can even get two and attach them together to give your dog more space (once he gets older).

I use a toddler "Yard" that I received from my sister, who used it for her toddler twins. you can get it at a toys-r-us or possibly a used one at a consignment store. You can add panels to the system if you want it bigger. I like it because it easily folds up and stores away. I used it for Bosco, from age 6 weeks - about 1 year. I can still contain him in it, and he has never tried to climb out. The one pictured had colors, but I use a plain old gray one.

2Q==

Back