• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Can I brag? Painting of my boys will be in a Gallery!

Lani

One of Facebook friends is a fabulous painter in Toronto.

She loved this photo I took of my boys so much she was inspired to make a 30x40 painting from it (with my permission).

She's showing it in a gallery in Toronto next week (opening 1/30). I'm so excited I had to share! :jmp2:

I wish I lived closer to Toronto so I could go and see it in person. She's going to post a photo of it at teh opening. She posted an "in progress" photo on her Facebook Page and it looks Fabulous!

If anyone is in Toronto and wants details of the gallery, let me know. :)

Last edited:
Lucky and Sparky are always great models in your pictures and I always enjoy seeing them! How exciting and great that your friend is going to show them in her gallery! Congratulations!

That is so cool!!!! Well, the boys are amazingly beautiful so why wouldn't someone want to use them as a muse. It would be nice if you could get a print of the painting for yourself, that would look great framed hanging in your house.

It would be nice if you could get a print of the painting for yourself, that would look great framed hanging in your house.

I know …after she shows me the finished work I was thinking of asking if she is going to make any giclee prints of it … I am sure I could not afford the original … it is huge!!

Well I should think you could brag!!! That's a REAL honor!!! Those are two beautiful Ruby's and you should be so proud both of your boys and of your photography skills. Congratulations! :)

I could look at the beautiful painting of your boys all day. The detail is incredible, right down to the chewed green lead. I hope you can get a print made for your home. If not, consider your blessed that you have the "real" ones to look at every day.

Big Congrats!!

Joan

Ooops, I should clarify the photo above is actually a photo I took that she is using as the basis of the painting …. I have not seen the finished painting yet, but the artist promised to post a photo of it in the gallery show, so I'll update with a link to that when I get it. I think she will remove the lead from the painting.

Back