• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi There!

PrincessZelda

Hi there I would like to introduce myself and my little girl Zelda.

Zelda is a 5 month old Blenheim beauty.. She loves her toys and snuggling with mommy and daddy.

We got Zelda at 11 weeks old and she is just the sweetest little girl. My husband and I married in 2012 so this is our first fur child together. We both owned cocker spaniels as children so it is also our first Cavie as well. She does seem to have a bit of a problem whem eating... she gobbles it down so fast that she chokes on her multiple times when she is eating. My husband even had to give her the heimlich yesterday. She was on a small kibble that we were mixing with water (that she choked on anyway) so we changed her food to a bigger kibble and it is actually worse. We have tried a slow feeder.. yea that helped.. wetting the food, putting some wet food in, start and stop. She even swallows really hard when drinking water (I know about a common problem with the elongated soft palate and mentioned it to my vet who said she would need to be sedated to see if that is the problem so were just waiting until her spay to have it checked ruled out) .. nothing seems to be helping and I'm at a loss for what else to do, which is why I joined this forum for advice, information and to be in a Cavie loving community.

We look forward to learning from all of you, seeing your fur babies, and sharing stories!

. She does seem to have a bit of a problem whem eating... she gobbles it down so fast that she chokes on her multiple times when
We look forward to learning from all of you, seeing your fur babies, and sharing stories!

there are special bowls that limit how fast the dog can eat. My friends was very successful using one for her cav.

Zelda is adorable. You will find lots of well thought out advice on this forum

joan

Welcome to the forum!

as Joan said, you can use a special bowl to slow her down or you can get the metal ball like that you put in the middle of their current bowl.

Back