• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

R puppy only uses slider to potty and refuses to use the doggy door?????? Help

myluvs

Our 4 and a half month tri girl Velvet will go outside to potty if our slider is open if it's closed she won't wait one second she pees right in front of it . We have a doggy door that my other 3 cavs ,(2 seniors and 7 month old ) and she will go out and play with the other dogs but won't go out there to potty ?? They are only 15 feet away from each other and i need her to go out the doggy door, I can't keep leavin my slider open all day. I'm crate trainer her at night which I hate but have to or else she jumps off my bed and goes potty on the floor. Any ideas ?? We love her to death but cleaning up after her all day long is no fun. I have n
been very lucky with my other dogs they were so easy to train, luckily the aren't following our new girls bad habits ! Thanks for any info or ideas

Given her age I would still be making a point of going out (taking her out) for every potty break. She really needs to hear the praise for doing the right thing, not just that she messed up again.

A lot of puppies will pick things up from older dogs, but some of them need that personal interaction.

I don't think it sounds like anything medical, although my mother's old dog had something like that as a puppy and I think the vet said it was probably an extra ureter or something.

Back