• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pain in Foot/paw

anniemac

This is the 3rd time this has happened to Elton. It seems like he gets something in his paw but nothing is found. He was chasing a ball and then screamed in pain and will not put pressure on his right front leg. I have gone through and pressed the padding and can't seem to find anything. I can see the pain in his eyes among the scream of pain and wobbling on one foot.

This happened over Christmas and as if magic it was gone. I think it might be along the lines of a sprain or something. Obviously I should go to the vet. The first time I thought it was something in his paw and by the time of the vet appointment he was fine . I did not want to pay $70 at that time because I thought he stepped on something. I now think it is something more because it's the same paw/leg. I don't want to take him to the emergency vet tonight but will go tomorrow.

His physical exams have been good joint wise (patella and hips ) but that's just with regular vet . Any ideas?

He also has a vet appointment Thursday. He has insurance but i just can't think that it still stepping on something when I don't see blood or feel anything. He has been running before ok. I don't think I'm overreacting but even now he is better than before. Since this has come up a couple of times I have a gut feeling there is something underneath this since it's the same leg.

Back