Thread: Weight at 9 months

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weight at 9 months

Hi, my Black and Tan Reuben is 9 months old and weighs 4.7 kg; he eats like a horse and is full of fun, just very small compared to others we have had. What did other peoples cavs weigh at this age and full grown??

Post Thanks / Like

hi there. I think that is probably a good thing in the sense that your Reuben is more on the smaller side compared to other Cavs. Ours was probably lighter when she was Reuben's age. Now that she is almost 4, she tops at 6.8 kg but no more. I suspect feeding her with mainly raw chicken 99% of the time does the trick, as when she was away with friends (and on kibbles + wet can food) for only three weeks, she was about 8 kg!!!!! I would not worry, but if you have concern just ask your vet. > Chloe in NZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've moved this thread as I think it was accidentally posted into the photo gallery! More people will see it here.

He sounds like a nice healthy young man -- I'd guess he will still add a few more pounds over the next year or so as males tend to fill out a bit more slowly than the girls, generally still adding some weight after age 1.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com