• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Weight at 9 months

charlrh

Hi, my Black and Tan Reuben is 9 months old and weighs 4.7 kg; he eats like a horse and is full of fun, just very small compared to others we have had. What did other peoples cavs weigh at this age and full grown??

hi there. I think that is probably a good thing in the sense that your Reuben is more on the smaller side compared to other Cavs. Ours was probably lighter when she was Reuben's age. Now that she is almost 4, she tops at 6.8 kg but no more. I suspect feeding her with mainly raw chicken 99% of the time does the trick, as when she was away with friends (and on kibbles + wet can food) for only three weeks, she was about 8 kg!!!!! I would not worry, but if you have concern just ask your vet. > Chloe in NZ :)

I've moved this thread as I think it was accidentally posted into the photo gallery! More people will see it here. :)

He sounds like a nice healthy young man -- I'd guess he will still add a few more pounds over the next year or so as males tend to fill out a bit more slowly than the girls, generally still adding some weight after age 1.

Back