Thread: Snow paws

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snow paws

It dosn't snow here that often.
    the news annoucned snow all weekend. Great. bring it on...i need to learn to love snow if im going to move out east.
    well the snow in my area was ...a dusting. i wanted SNOW pics!
    so maggie and i went out trecking...grabbed her and my car...we found the snow.

maggies first time in REAL snow. oh my god she had so much fun. she ran around..rolled in it. burried her face in it..had so much fun. it was so cool to see.
    she even put up with me driving around (getting lost and loving it) and looking for photo ops.

we found an AMAZING forest road...deserted for hte most part..covered in snow. we were told the view from the top was amazing...and walked aways down.
    she was having fun.
    i was having fun.

then she started getting at her legs...i notcied she was covered in snowballs.
    and so ended our adventure.
    we turned arounda nd headed for the car

someone passing by said the same thign happend to their dog..and when they got home she gave her a warm bath to melt the snow balls.

is this the correct thing to do? I did it for her..she seemed not to midn so much.. just wondering what all you snow dwellers do?
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

http://maggies-world815.tumblr.com/p...eekend-guys-it those are the pictures from our day.
    well some...i acutally have about 300 (not of her..but of the scenery) was just so stunning.
    one of my photos even made it onto the news!
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

My Cavaliers also love snow but get snowballs all over their tummy and chest. I just plonk them in the kitchen sink in a couple of inches of warm water, splash the water up from underneath so that they stay dry on top and then just towel them dry. Quicker than giving them an all-over shower.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

The quickest way is warm water...sort of like wetting them down for a bath.

joan

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with the others - the warm soak to the area and toweling them is much better than sitting there using a hair dryer. My dog also loves being in the snow & looks like yours in the photo - the only weather she dislikes is rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Abby had several snow balls like that on her the other day...I brought her into the house, sat down in my recliner with my legs extended, she laid down on the lower part of my legs for a nap and after our nap, I changed pants...it was the least I could do.

Great pics! I still remember Abby seeing snow for her first time this winter. She kept looking up as the snow fell, checking it out with her tongue.

Post Thanks / Like

Awe thankyou! I love taking photos..we went back today (the snow is about 15/20 mnutes away) after work...lots..i mean lots of it had melted..but the little picnic area we went to where she was able to roam free still had a bunch..it had turned more icy then powdery but she still had a blast. stayed there till the sun started setting.

Haha yeah thats what i did i put her in the sink with just enough water to melt the snow off.
    our breeder said she would do that if she only had one but she has 5, so she lets them run around inside thew arm house till it melts off.

funny..now that i have someone to play with..im acutally liking the snow (anyone who knows me knows i HATE snow i hate walking in it and driving in it) but now that shes here..i like it...and im sad its melting.. this is all good for when i move out east..but i wish we'd get more.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea