• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Returning...hopefully

Soushiruiuma

Hello,

I've been lurking but mostly absent for nearly a year. My life took a nosedive (actually several), and I haven't been doing much of anything. But hopefully I'm back on the ball again.

So, the first thing, is I made the decision to put my little girl Thistle down in April 2013. She was diagnosed with SM that January, and no amount of increasing or changing meds seemed to keep up with her pain. I'll try to post a more detailed account of everything later.

I also was supposed to be getting a new exciting job in Lausanne, Switzerland, last June which did not work out. But in the mean time I quit the awful job I was in in Brussels. I have been unemployed for about 9 months (yikes), and trying to find something else. Which did finally happen, in Switzerland of all places (I was applying all over the EU). I've been here almost 2 months now, and things are taking shape as far as moving goes.

I'm flying up to Brussels tomorrow to clean out my old apartment, and pick Guinness up (he is Mr. International Mover these days and just rolls with the punches). He's been staying with a couple who have 2 cavaliers, and a cat. I'm wondering how he'll feel about being alone again after living with a pack for so long. But we'll see. There's a 4 yo cavalier someone is trying to adopt out on a local website, and I am resisting the urge to call until I have my own dog back, and my life a little more settled. And then there's the fear of a horrific health crisis. It's not the financial aspect which at least you can plan for, it's the emotional toll.

But that's for the future. I'm just trying to get my life back on track (having a job, and being able to afford meat, and eventually move guinness off the gross bargain brand dog food).

There was also a breakup in that time, and I'm not at all over my ex. But that's really not very relevant.

C'est la vie?

Welcome back! I'm so sorry that the meds couldn't effectively control Thistle's pain and you had to make the decision to let her go. As hard as that was for you, at least you do know that she is now comfortable and pain free.

It does sound like you've had to deal with a lot this past year. I hope that your new beginning in Switzerland will be happy for you.

I am so sorry you have had such a bad time. It is so sad that Thistle's pain could not be controlled but when that happens letting go is the last loving thing you can do.

Welcome back. I do so hope that there is a bright new future now in front of you,

I too took time off from CavalierTalk last year but for happy reasons not sad.

Welcome back! I'm so sorry about Thistle - every owner of an SM Cavalier's nightmare. You have really had a tough year, I hope life will get better now you have a job and can begin to put your life together again.

icon_welcome

Kate, Oliver and Aled

What a dreadful year you've had.....I really hope things are now on the up for you. So sorry to hear about Thistle.
Best of luck and welcome back ! :)

Mel

So sorry to hear about Thistle. I hope the coming months take shape for you after such a tough time. K

Oh no, I am so sorry about Thistle and all your other tribulations -- any one of those would be difficult but you've had a quite a few happen in a relatively short space of time. It sounds like things are slowly coming back together and once you are settled in, with Guinness, back, I am sure you will feel far more 'at home' in your new location. :flwr: Glad to see you back too. :).

Back