• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Your dog needs a trim!~

Alana

It is summer here in Australia and so many people have their dogs shaved or trimmed. I decide not to because I have a Cavalier with pretty red and white hair and frankly many of the hair cuts I have seen on Cavaliers here are dreadful. I groom Bella regularly to get rid of the undercoat and she is an inside dog. She isn't matted, and I feel like saying "If I trim her then she will look like YOUR dog!" I love the way Bella looks and I don't want to ruin it by trimming her!

Often it is not a heavy coat which is the problem in hot weather, it's the podgy Cavalier underneath! A dog's coat insulates it in hot weather as well as cold by trapping a layer of air. I had Cavaliers in South Africa and neither of them showed any distress by being unclipped in the summer - I was just careful not to take them out in the hottest part of the day, and kept the house as cool as possible - which is helped by drawing the curtains once the sun starts getting into the room.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back