Thread: Lungworm

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lungworm

Recently changed vet as I wasn't happy where I was. My four cavalier girls are due to be wormed. The last vet recommended Milbemax, but I thought I'd check to see if this was the best for them especially as there are lots of slugs and snails in our garden and on our walks and lungworm is a worry. What's everyone else using for their fur babies?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry to see that you have been unhappy with your vet too. Hope the new one works out better for you and your Cavaliers.

So far as I know the best product to eliminate lungworm is Advantage. My garden has many slugs but in the couple of years I have been using this product my dogs haven't had a problem, although Little Joe is a habitual grazer and Holly P will eat anything she finds, leaving any questions until later
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ByFloSin View Post
    So far as I know the best product to eliminate lungworm is Advantage.
    I think you mean Advocate spot on, ByFlosin. Advantage treats flees and lice only - Advocate is the one that is lisenced for lungworm as well as fleas lice and most worms. But it does not kill tape worms or tics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lallysmum View Post
    I think you mean Advocate spot on, ByFlosin. Advantage treats flees and lice only - Advocate is the one that is lisenced for lungworm as well as fleas lice and most worms. But it does not kill tape worms or tics.
    OMG. I plead yet another senior moment. Oh dear I seem to have those all the time these days Yes I should have said Advocate and thank you for the correction.
    Last edited by ByFloSin; 24th March 2014 at 09:21 AM.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you in Scotland, Ben's vet says lungworm is not a problem here in Stirlingshire.
    Ben (Blenheim)

Still missing Toby (Blenheim) and Ciara (Black and Tan)
    www.tobydug.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Hi James, we're just up the road in Perth. I don't think there have been any cases in Perth, but we've got a caravan and at least three holidays coming up this summer to different parts of Britain - Northumberland, Highlands and Kent. I just want to play it safe for my precious furbabies.