Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello!

Hello!
    I am new here. I just put a deposit down on a CKCS last week and I am so excited! I will be able to bring my puppy home at the end of June It's a boy, blenheim colored (no name yet). He was born April 13, 2014. I am going to attempt to post some pictures. He's 2 weeks in the photos.

blenmale1b by afmckenzie30, on Flickr

blenmale1a by afmckenzie30, on Flickr

blenmale1c by afmckenzie30, on Flickr
    Last edited by AmandaMCavalier; 30th April 2014 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Trying to get the photos to work!

Post Thanks / Like

He is SO handsome.

Welcome to the board..and
    Congratulations!!! So excited for you.

The breeder (im guessing) Took some amazing photos..
    Oh can't wait to hear more about him as he grows up Keep posting!!
    Last edited by Super Princess; 1st May 2014 at 02:40 AM.
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

3. Thanks AmandaMCavalier thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Puppies are the BEST. Need a name suggestion? Are you thinking about some? Post a list.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

5. Thanks AmandaMCavalier thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, guys! No decision on the name yet. There are many top contenders and I keep changing my mind daily!!! Here are my tops so far...

-Kingsley (boyfriend, who lives with me, doesn't like it)
    -Finely (boyfriend doesn't like, but possibly my favorite)
    -Domingo (family doesn't like, I don't like for a CKCS)
    -Jerry (boyfriend loves, but I'm not sure of)

I really want something regal, because CKCSs are just gorgeous, I don't want something silly, or non-human. Maybe I need to wait to see more pictures or until I meet him

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, if he didn't need his mom right now, I would pick him up and never let his feet touch the ground!!! Puppies are just so scrumptious! Would your boyfriend compromise and consider the name Jessie? He looks like a Jessie to me. And Jessie can be manly - think of Jessie James and there must be others, but I'm drawing a blank. Whatever his name will be, he's adorable.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

I had a ex boyfriend with the name Jessie, so that won't do haha I'm also a teacher, so some kids have ruined cute names for me! The names of all your dogs sound so cute! I found this fun website: http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/#ht=1 so i've been going back to the early 1900s for ideas! Nothing that speaks to me yet though... how am I ever going name a child?!

Post Thanks / Like

How about Finnick????? It was on my short list and I think a PERFECT name for cavalier
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly how you feel about names. I changed my guy's name a bunch before settling on Sir Remington (Remy). Funny thing is when I registered him with AKC, there already was a Sir Remington so he became a Sir Remington II. I remember debating a lot between Flynn, Archer and Levi. You will find the perfect name. Sometimes it takes getting to see the personality for the name to emerge.

He is so totally cute...it must be painful having to wait.
    Sir Remington II (Remy) Oct. 17, 2012 -

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful photos!! Lucky you!

As for naming, go with your gut. Once you find the right name you will know it.

Joan

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - do I know what you're going through waiting until you can take your little guy home. I sealed the deal with my female black and tan when she was three days old. The 9 weeks of waiting were so long. Now, I don't know where the time has gone as she turned 4 in March. Her breeder sent me timely photos as she started to grow. After the 6th week my wife and I could go out on Sunday afternoons to see and hold her. It was a bear getting back in the car and leaving her behind. Finally the big day came and everyday since has been a blessing. You are in for a real treat.

13. Thanks AmandaMCavalier thanked for this post