• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Multiple Cavalier Ower Question ~ Raw Food?

UrbanYogini

Excitied to finally be getting my 1st cavalier!!

I am very thankful for those of you who helped me with insights on gender / temperment / etc. I wanted to update this post to say that after waiting almost a year I am finally welcoming my little tri girl in a couple weeks. She is 13 weeks at present and will come home to us in three weeks after we come home from vacation (we leave next week). Her name is Maya and she was certainly worth the wait!!!

I have read the Ian Dunbar book and had some good takeaways. I am also intrigued with clicker training but have not read up on it yet. Any books / training suggestions for me to read prior to bringing my puppy home?

Thanks for being such a great and informative community. I look forward to knowing many of you better once I have my little one with at home.:cool:

Not sure how to add my images as an attachment but I will see if I can figure it out to share :)

Last edited:
Male or female? I think it does not matter, all cavaliers are going to have their own personality. I have one male (fixed) who is 2, I want another cavalier so badly and I personally who take either sex. As long as both dogs are fixed, I think again they will get along the same as same sex "siblings". I do think some people have personaly preferences, some swear males are more loving and girls are master following you around the house types.

As far as feeding raw. I do not feed raw, premade commerical or homemade. Again its a personal chioce. Just keep in mind NOT all commerical dog foods ARE not a good diet that goes for frozen, kibble and canned. I suggest you check out dogfoodadvisor.com a lot of wonderful info. The risk of commerical raw foods like a lot like chicken nugget ISH, home prepared raw feeding take A LOT of education because you will need to make sure you are feeding a proper balance diet. Honesty, Fletcher is 2 and I have never felt comfortible enough with my dog nutrision to give it a go. As far as bacteria, I really think that would not be in issue, you just need to pick up the bowl and wash it after 15 minutes. I feed a high quility kibble with fresh fruits and veggies for treats.

I highly reccommend Dunbar's set up for puppies, I believe it made potty training Fletcher super sucessful quickly.

Thanks so much for the feedback I finally have a puppy picked for me and it is a little tri girl!!! Super excited for the days ahead.

Hi Karlin I leave town for vacation next week so I am going to go pick her up in a couple weeks when I return..... thanks for your insights and comfort while I have been waiting for my little one.

Back