Thread: Leo's heart update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leo's heart update

Leo saw the cardiologist today again for a check up and scan. She has just phoned me with the results and Im so pleased.
    To her surprise there is an improvement. Obviously he still has MVD but the degree of the heart failure has improved as has the heart function. They want to see him again for a medication check in 3 months and scan him in another 6-12 month if he stays the same. There is no need to change his meds as they have obviously got the right combination and dosage. I can pick him up in half an hour to bring him home

I am so relieved its been a long day......
    In himself he is doing very well....hardly any coughing at all and his exercise tolerance is good for 45 minutes to an hour

Fingers crossed he stays healthy for a long time yet.
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

2. Likes pippa, Sydneys Mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is great news! MVD is such a roller coaster ride and it is so important to get the right balance of meds. I'm so glad that Leo is responding positively and still enjoying life. Keep up the good work.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

So pleased Mel - the meds are improving all the time and it's great they've got the mix right for Leo.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both....Kate I agree its fantastic that the advance in medication has improved things so greatly for this horrible disease.

At least if he doesn't need another scan for a year his fur can grow back......its only just grown back after his last scan and now he's bald down one side again
    Mel

Post Thanks / Like

Great news, have sent you a pm. Pippin always itches when the hair is shaved and he can't get at where it is too scratch, so he sits at my feet and cries for me to do it I find that a little vaseline eases the itch.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pippa View Post
    Great news, have sent you a pm. Pippin always itches when the hair is shaved and he can't get at where it is too scratch, so he sits at my feet and cries for me to do it I find that a little vaseline eases the itch.
    Thanks Theresa,
    Vaseline is a good idea

Mel x
    Mel

8. Likes pippa liked this post